Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Big Reveal......almost

Hello Everyone,

I'm driving myself crazy. I wake up at 3am with an idea....get up at 4am because I can't let the idea escape my memory.....and then I start ripping out the previous days work. So I'm going to stop changing the quilt and be satisfied with what I've done so far.

So you have to have a sense of humor here and realize that the flying geese are delivering the mail.....air mail that is! First 3am idea! Flange added to flowers - second 3am idea.


Third 3am idea was to add a little flange or eyelash around all the flowers. I like this so much better....I hope you do also. Check the last post and compare the two. This is much cleaner and leaves me some space for some machine quilted vines. This change meant that I had to make four more flowers. Making flowers while watching the debate over health care can throw you over the brink!
The cute little brown basket will most likely go into a corner of the borders. I just have to make three more little baskets with the forty pieces and the quilt top is done!

I added the flange to frame these English-pieced flowers also.
I've been exercising my prerogative to change my mind all weekend. But I'm done making any changes. The whole top is together except for the top and bottom borders. ....and now I have to machine quilt it! That is for another day. My poor little brain is fried today.


I have to get busy decorating for Easter, clean the neglected house, and reconnect with a dog and husband. I guess I need to re-order my list starting with husband and ending with decorating.


My thanks go out to all of you that have been so complimentary. I appreciate every single comment received and read them more than once!

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. God that quilt is going to be a masterpeice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure didn't know what a flange was but as usual, There is never an end to learning different things in the quilting world no matter how many years you have been quilting.
    Is this quilt going to be a BOM? Sign me up......<3 <3 <3
    Quilting Hugs, Crissie

    ReplyDelete