Thursday, March 10, 2011

Christmas is in the air...

Hello Everyone,

It's never too early to start projects for Christmas.  That is what I've been doing this week.  All of the quilting instructors at the shop had to decide what we are going to teach for the summer class schedule.  I'm going to be focusing on Christmas in July!  Start those Christmas projects now to relieve some of the stress during the Holidays.  This quilt is called Midnight Star and I'll be teaching this class in July.  The quilt is from the book called Comfort and Joy by Mary Hickey.  It is a great book that will inspire you to make more than one quilt.  This was my first attempt quilting a cable and feather border.  This was small enough that I wasn't too intimidated.....but it was a challenge.

I've also been working on my own design called Toyland Tree.  Remember this is the one that I switched all of the backgrounds to black.  It was late one night when I changed this little guys shoes to candy canes fabric. I'm having the best time choosing the fabrics for this quilt!  All of the checks, plaids, polka dots are just plain FUN to work with.


What little girl wouldn't like to ride a pink polka dot pony?  I'll work on all of the faces another time.  Embroidery isn't my strong suit, so I'll have to figure something out.


The Christmas Quilt Along is this Saturday.  Click here for details.  Sue, from Quilt Times is hosting the event this month.  Select some fabric and patterns and start on a project for someone special.  Or, find one of your unfinished projects from a Christmas past, and work on it this Saturday.  You'll be glad you did when December rolls around.....all too soon!

As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. I can't believe Christmas quilt-a-long is this Sat. I thought it was next Sat. Going to have to miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is stunning, Lynn! I love how you did the borders!! Did you you a stencil or rulers? I love it!! You are so talented!! How wide are the borders? I'm just amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn your quilt is beautiful and your quilting is outstandingly beautiful! WOW! I love it! Great Job!!!
    Crissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, another quilt project. Sure looks tempting.
    I am going to do the Toyland tree. I'll get back to you on the other one. Love your quilting. You've got the gift my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you showed in this post, and funnily enough I had something similar to your Midnight Star quilt planned for a FQ bundle of French General fabrics - the ones that didn't arrive in time for last month's Christmas Quiltalong.

    ReplyDelete