Saturday, May 14, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along - Post #3

Hello Again!

This is my last block of the day with the 53 pieces.  It isn't hard, just extremely time consuming.  I managed to work in another plaid!


While I was upstairs in my sewing room, I stitched these blocks together for my Party in the Garden block of the month.

I added just a little touch of embroidery the other night.  Just enough to add a bit of interest and whimsy. I can do some echo quilting around the green stems which will enhance the background.

The mailbox didn't want to get left out and needed some embroidery also.


I love the needlepoint fabric from Blackbird Designs.  It add just the perfect, old-fashioned accent to this block.

This might be my last post for the Christmas Quilt Along today.  My poor camera is limping along ,so we may do some camera shopping.  I hear 'cha ching, cha ching' in the background.  A replacement for my camera is going to be a bit costly.  Mr. Joe has been reading the camera ads while I quilt, so we can do some price comparisons.

As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. You certainly made some very nice red & green quilt blocks! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas sewing day.
    The applique blocks are wonderful. I especially like the mailbox block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wonderful work. The block is awesome. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've made wonderful progress today, and i love all your blocks - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, I love all your blocks. Looks like you had a very productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you incorporate the plaids in your blocks. Hope you find a camera, I would hate not seeing your posted pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn! Somehow your last 3 posts got away from me! The Quilt along is looking SO good! I love the little embroidery touches on Party in the Garden, too - I must remember to do more of those on some of my projects! Happy camera shopping! I keep hoping my little Sony that I got on a cruise one year will give out so I can "upgrade" but it keeps on plugging away!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete