Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More Minglewood

Hello Everyone,

You haven't heard from me for a couple of days because I worked two days in a row down at the shop!  I hardly ever work two days in a row.   I had two glorious days to look at the new Carolina fabric line by Jo Morton for Andover Fabrics.  I had enough time to select fabric from this line for four more blocks for the Minglewood Monday program.  I know I keep mentioning it, and we will start taking sign ups soon.


How patriotic is this collection of colors?  As Memorial Day approaches, I thought it would be fun to post a red, white and blue block. 

This block looks good with the last block I completed.  Every color of Civil War fabric is going to be in this quilt.  It is fun to mix and match the newer fabric with some of the older fabrics.   When I say older, I'm talking just a few months old.  The Civil War section at the shop is one of the most popular sections.


The picket fence applique block is finished and I started making more yo yo's for Kim Diehl's quilt.  I never have a lack of projects to work on!

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. How I've been eyeing this line, Lynn!! I'm afraid had I been at your store I would have been buying for sure! The blocks are gorgeous! Sounds like you are busy, busy!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great block, and the fabrics look wonderful. I have been eying up this range too, but really can't buy any more fabric this month! (Or next, or the one after or in fact till about 2015 according to my DH.)

    ReplyDelete