Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello Everyone,
I didn't want you to think I was just sitting here twiddling my thumbs, so I thought I should do a post.  I'm writing the pattern directions for Country Charm.....which is about as interesting as watching paint dry for all of you in blogland.

I made a block according to my own directions and here it is.  I think this quilt would look great in Civil War fabrics.  Here I go again, on my way to making this quilt in a different colorway!



Just as with everything in life, you keep learning.  I learn more about writing patterns after teaching each class.  I pick up valuable ideas from those in the classroom.  What is crystal clear to me, is clear as mud for some quilters.  Writing a pattern all day is hard work.  To reward myself, I fixed a wonderful dinner called Chicken Crostina.  It is a flavorful recipe using chicken breasts with a potato Parmesan crust, served over spinach fettuccine with a creamy, cherry tomato and garlic sauce. 



I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight after a hard day at the computer writing a pattern!


As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. I like the alternative colorway for Country Charm as well as the original. The black is great for the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee - I can't imagine you ever twiddling your thumbs, Lynn! Funny how different colors change a block! Definitely true about pattern writing - some of us are left and some right brained! I for appreciate all the hard work that goes into making a pattern clear for all!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dish looks great!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE .... CAN'T SAY ENOUGH LOVE ABOUT THOSE LOC BLO'S.... the best ruler I've ever had! I can't even get my friend to give me back mine, she's in love with it too! YouTube has a great demo too! Thanks for the tip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, and the "plan overs" look yummy. A reward for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete