Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Moving Right Along....on Madrigal

Hello Everyone,

Since I was working at the shop yesterday, I didn't get get any time to work on Madrigal, but I thought I would show you the blocks I've completed so far.


Some more fat quarters from the Urban Cowgirl fabric line followed me home yesterday that just begged to be incorporated into the blocks.  I'm anxious to make some blocks with the first fabric on the left.  To me, this looks very retro and I love it.  This isn't my normal palette, so I'm working a bit outside of my comfort level.....and you know it's not so bad.  I'm enjoying the challenge.  This fabric is so pretty that it has been easy mingling them with fabric from my stash.


I appliqued the center section during the football playoffs on Sunday.  I still have to do the embroidery and I'm thinking about adding some additional embroidered detail around the leaves to give them a bit more depth.  That will be a good job to work on tonight when I sit down for the evening.


Gotta run.  My to-do list is calling my name earlier than usual.

As always,

Lynn

6 comments:

  1. I am very smitten with this version, Lynn. It's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to go outside that comfort zone now and then, Lynn? I think I've done some of my best work out there in the "wilds". This version of Madrigal is perfect for spring!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is going to be a beauty in those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, It's good to challenge one's self and get a beautiful surprise outcome.
    Love the fabrics.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to come out of our comfort zone, but sometimes it's good for us I reckon. I had to do it a good few times for Pick Four, and I really struggled with one or two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynn, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these colors you hae chosen "outside of your comfort zone" for this Madrigal!! Wish I was there to see it in person. It's cute (too stinkin' cute!!!, too) and lively and youthful and happy and spring-like, and just screams to be touch and cuddled up with!!! Hope all is well with you there!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete