Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something for Fall

Hello Everyone,

The four of these blocks,



.........plus a few more of these blocks,



........will be combined to make something for an Autumn quilt. I'm seeing some applique along with some embroidery in this quilt.  A few of my ideas are on paper, the rest of them are in my brain.  Time to get them out of my head and onto the design wall.  I have my work fun cut out for me today, tomorrow and several more days/weeks after that.  I love this process of combining colors and different block designs. The hours just melt away while I'm in my little piece of heaven, both mentally and physically.

My quilting room is awash with all colors of Autumn, my favorite time of the year.  If I start now, I'll have a new addition to my fall decorations and a new quilt to display in the In Between Stitches booth at Pacific International Quilt Festival in October. 

I hope you all enjoy today while looking ahead to your future quilting projects.

As always,

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. Whoa.....Lynn, slow down, fall..what happened to spring and summer. I need things to slow down not speed up, but I imagine you are like most of us and once inspiration hits you need to take advantage of it. Good luck, but I'm still looking for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....beautiful.....I love fall....also my favorite time of year.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those four square blocks. I can't wait to see where this quilt is going. I just love how you throw everything in and how beautifully it all works together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh -- fall is my favorite time of year, too, Lynn! Those colors are gorgeous and I'm sure when you finish transferring the great ideas from your head to your quilt it will be stunning!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love what I see :-D Fall is my favorite time of year ! Looking forward to seeing you progress on this one ! Just Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could not agree with you more...no better season than the fall! Thank you for sharing this reminder of its warmth...I hope you feel a little bit of each day!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful colours. They looks so warm and just make you want to snuggle up in them.

    ReplyDelete