Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,

I've dropped off the face of the "quilting" earth until yesterday, the 2nd Tuesday of the month is Sew'n Wild Oaks drop-in class at In Between Stitches.  The girls gathered to work on their projects yesterday.

Janice is working diligently on flowers for Party in the Garden.  I love her own personal touch with the yo-yo's in the flower center.


This is her favorite block......mine also.


More adorable little flowers are spilling out of the mailbox.  The tutorial for the cute little flower is posted under the Virtual Classroom tab HERE.




Kay finished her cute little watering can and made it her own with little buttons in the center of the flowers.


Kay also embroidered a little stem stitch around her 1/2" hexies.  What dedication!


Barbara is working on Minglewood and finished two blocks and started cutting out another two blocks.


My sister Gail, joined the group yesterday and selected her setting square fabric for the two tablerunners that she is making.  Gail and Kay were so funny.  Gail would select bolts of fabric, and whatever she bought, Kay would buy too for her stash.  The Seasonal Little Gatherings collection has Gail's and Kay's name written all over it.  The fabric line is just their style....mine too.



I was completely asleep at the camera yesterday and didn't take pictures of the design walls and other projects.  I apologize for that.....I'll be better about my picture taking next month.

More company and less quilting over the past few days.  I'll get back to normal posting sometime next week.  There's a lot of good stuff going on at Sew'n Wild Oaks!

As always,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks from the hands of talented women. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your class has a wealth of talent in it, Lynn! I love Gail's table runner, too! Have fun with your company - we have lots, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look good in the different blocks. I like the mailbox and I like the watering can both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have all done so beautifully! I need to get back to my blocks... somehow I got distracted.

    ReplyDelete