Friday, June 29, 2012

In The Pumpkin Patch

Hello Everyone,

I worked in my pumpkin patch yesterday.  I wish I could grow plaid pumpkins.  Now wouldn't that be a big hit for Halloween.  You wouldn't have to carve them, they would look great any place you put them. 


Two stitched, two more to go.  Plaid on plaid.....life is good.


My pumpkin patch has lots of vines.  I'll be quilting around the vines which will add a lot of texture to my garden.  There aren't any weeds in this garden, unlike my yard in real life.  I've been weeding just a little bit each day, but I think the weeds are winning the battle.



The Vermont Quilt Festival in Essex Junction, VT starts today for those of you living on the East Coast.  Five of my quilts will be on display in The Christmas Shoppe booth.  I wish I could get on a plane and jet on over to the festival. My quilts travel much more that I do!  While I'm out weeding, I'll be thinking about Vermont, maple syrup, fall colors, apple cider....the list goes on an on.  It's fun to dream.

As always,

Lynn



11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this quilt!! Perfect fabrics and colours!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! I will be attending the VQF for the first time this weekend and will be sure to look for your quilts in the Christmas Shoppe Booth ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm envious Pat. Can I go with you?

      Delete
    2. We had a wonderful time. Vermont is so beautiful and sew were all the quilts. I hope your are able to attend next year. We are already looking forward to going back. There were many lovely sample quilts in the Christmas Shoppe booth. I found myself wondering which were yours, Lynn. The vendor area was so crowded it was sometimes hard to get close. I always enjoy their display and goods. Will your quilts still be there when they vend at the Maine Quilts Show next month? I did find some wonderful woven plaid FQs by Andover that will be perfect for plaid pumpkins. Thanks sew much for the inspiration. :)

      Delete
  3. You don't have to weed the pumpkin patch with the kind you show in your post today. Wonderful, wonderful pumpkin blocks. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join the crowd in thinking this quilt is a hit. Who can't like plaid pumpkins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dreaming of fall, too, Lynn! I am so anxious to see the reveal of this quilt! I think I'll look for plaid pumpkin seeds for my garden next year! Wish we could all be in Vermont to see your quilts on display!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't notice that before on your house post but do I see the wicked witch under the house?
    Love your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your pumpkins look much nicer than real ones. I spotted a witch's leg too, please can we see the rest of her?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those are perfect pumpkins! The weeds here are one of the reasons I haven't been able to make it into my sewing room at all lately. I hate when life gets in the way of sewing!!!!

    ReplyDelete