Friday, August 3, 2012

Nostalgic Christmas Blocks

Hello Everyone,

The Nostalgic Christmas quilt blocks are starting to add up.  I decided that the gold block is going to make the cut after all.  I'm not one to throw a color into a quilt for shock value, it all has to work together for me.  When I put the blocks together, the gold block works.  Just playing around with the fabrics and placement, makes a dramatic change in the appearance of each block.  This is what I think is so much fun and is my favorite part of the quilting process.

Yesterday, I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and make three of these 18"  blocks at one time. I'm not sure that was the best decision, but I stuck with them throughout the whole day.  Seven down, just two more to go.


Block #1.


My favorite for this round is block #2.  I'm loving the combination of polka dots with the plaids.


Block #3.



For those of you living on the East Coast, this weekend five of my quilts will be on display in The Christmas Shoppe's booth at the Bayberry Quilt Guild's show in Harwich, MA.  Stop by Mary Jane's booth and tell her Lynn sent me!  My quilts are out and about working hard for me this summer!

I'm not sure what I'm going to work on today. But I do know that I have to begin by picking up my Olympic-size mess from yesterday before I can start on anything.

Soon,

Lynn



5 comments:

  1. Lynn, your blocks are gorgeous, each and every one! I have actually ordered the panel so hope someday you will be able to post the instructions, or tell us when the pattern is ready to purchase. You have such a flare for color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are just adorable Lynn ! Each one is so unique . I am also hoping to get more sewing done today but we will see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Let me know if you need my address so you can send them to me-heh heh! I love your creativity and sense of style!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we were in that part of the east coast right now instead of where we are! How i love these nostalgic blocks, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the setting you are using for those blocks. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete