Saturday, August 4, 2012

Toyland Teaser

Hello Everyone,

This is far from the final layout for Toyland so I don't have to preface this with a Spoiler Alert.  It is fun to see all of the blocks together in the same picture.  This quilt won't be ready for the BIG reveal for several weeks......this is just a Toyland Teaser. (The snowman is in there twice for fill.)



I've been working on swatch sheets, scanning my drawings and  pulling the pattern together slowly.  There is so much detail and I don't want to miss anything.  I want this to be my best pattern ever!

You know my goal is to have this quilt finished with the pattern ready by Sept. 15th for the quilt show in Georgetown, CA.  I'm making a daily list of what needs to be done for my booth.  I'm using my list to keep me on track, and bring this quilt and a couple other projects to completion.  The best advantage of having everything done by Sept. 15th, is that everything will be finished early for PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in October. 

I don't know how designers get ready for a show on the scale of Houston and Spring Market.  Just this little taste of what it must be like, can be overwhelming.   If you don't hear from me for days, just know that I'm in hibernation mode in my den of quiltiness.

On that note, I'm off to start my day and tackle my list!

Soon,

Lynn


10 comments:

  1. Love all the blocks, the quilt will be a big hit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is WONDERFUL! I admire designers so much! Thanks for sharing! It's sure to be a big hit!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in agreement; it's terrific. I love the images you have created. It's a fun quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a WONDERFUL QUILT you are designing !!! You are always SO creative :-D This quilt kit and pattern is going to fly off the shelves !

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I look at these blocks I just wish I enjoyed applique, cos this is going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, I love visiting your blog! Every post has such beautiful work. Love the design--so cheerful! I know folks will love this as much as me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're well on your way, Lynn! Please send some of those organization skills over this way! Toyland is looking so darned cute so far! I love the rounded corners on the blocks, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It;'s going to be lovely, can't wait for the BIG reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do Darling! I can hardly wait to see all you create here....

    ReplyDelete