Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Machine Quilting Toyland Tree

Hello Everyone,
 
I hope you all had a nice Labor Day.  We had a nice family picnic day.  We have our twin granddaughters for the week, so I'll try to get to my quilting while they are in school.  I hope I can help them with their 4th grade homework! I don't remember my homework being so hard when I was in 4th grade.
 
I've been missing in action for a few days writing directions, and now I'm finally ready to quilt!
 

I'm trying a staggered crosshatch pattern in the shape of a Christmas Tree.  I'll go back and fill in the center with swirlies once I get all of the crosshatching finished.  I'm just stitching in the ditch in the borders which isn't overly exciting, but it's just what the borders need.   I've also been stitching around each of the appliqued blocks......tedious.


I marked the whole quilt with a pink Sewline pen before I put it on the machine.  I tested the pen first using the Sewline detergent pen to remove the marks......so far so good.  Working on black has been a challenge.  It is hard to tell where I've quilted and where I need to go next.  More pictures tomorrow.

This week I'll be quilting with one eye and the other eye will be on the laser printer as is cranks out patterns. Luckily for me they are both in the same room. 

Soon,

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing! I still love that you chose a black background and the polka dots keep it from being too dark but are small enough to still stay in the background. Good job!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilting !! You are going to have this one done in not time :-D Can't wait to see when it when you are done !

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you told me crosshatching I thought "outline the tree"...you read my mind! Looking Good!

    ReplyDelete