Saturday, February 23, 2013

Works in Progress

Hello Everyone,
 
Lots of "Works in Progress" going on here at Sew'n Wild Oaks.  I worked on the Rocking Horse for the Toyland Tree class that I'm teaching tomorrow at In Between Stitches.  I'm having fun making mine on a white background this time around the block.
 

I also made three more blocks for Country Charmer.  This block is one of my favorites.


This block brightens up the mix.


This block adds a touch of Halloween!  Not sure if this one will make the final cut.....we'll see if it plays well with others.


I put three more weeks of fabric together for the Block of the Week program.  It is so much fun to have the whole shop at my disposal and select fabrics for the BOW.


I'm thinking about setting my blocks like this......maybe.  I can just picture some quilted baskets in the open areas.  This is very much a work in progress and is most likely to change at any second.

 
 
I'm off to Prairie Queens in San Jose this morning to teach the final segment of The House on Edgewood Lane.  I'm looking forward to seeing the progress since our last meeting.  I'm expecting to see lots of blocks and applique today.....no pressure girls!  This quilt was my first design.  I jumped off into the design world with this quilt and never looked back.  What a fun, wonderful journey I've had along the way.
 


Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Love each and every star block, then I got to the baskets! WOW! You just can't go wrong with basket blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blocks. And teh baskets so wonderful , too.

    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toyland is going to be so cute and different in white! Sure glad I got to see your original in person, Lynn! I'm tempted to make Country Charmer all in Halloween fabrics after seeing your block ;>) Sure wish I had that wonderful shop at my disposal!! Enjoy San Jose!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to order your Country Charmer pattern, it is just too awesome to pass up.

    That fabric you picked out for the scrappy baskets is right up my alley. If that was my local quilt shop I would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete