Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class is in Session

 
Hello Everyone,
 
It was gathering day at In Between Stitches yesterday for my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.  Gail is putting her blocks together for Butterscotch Baskets.
 


This is her Princess and the Pea stack of 76 blocks!  The blocks are all sorted in groups of four, ready to be sewn together after the little red square is sewn on each corner.


The House on Edgewood Lane is now a beautiful flimsy. It's all ready for Kay to start quilting and it's going to be gorgeous!


Here are some Summer's Blush blocks. Love the blue plaid!


Here are some more Summer's Blush blocks. Evelynne has all of her blocks made and she putting on the sashings and posts.  This will be a finished flimsy soon.


Marti has all of her blocks finished and she's working on the applique section for Chelsea Cottage by Blackbird Designs.


Barbara finished four more blocks for Minglewood.  Only four more blocks to go and she's ready to start her sashing.

 
Susan is going to make a pink, green and black Butterscotch Basket quilt.  It is going to be beautiful in that colorway.

The large, and bright classroom was full of my Wild Women!  Melissa's quilt is on the design wall.....just incredibly beautiful.  I demonstrated how to use Press 'n Seal and draw quilting designs on her quilt.


They were busy chatting, ironing, quilting, cross stitching and appliqueing.


It is so much fun to go around the room and see all of the different projects.  This is one busy group!


We welcomed a new member, Susan, who drove 1-1/2 hours to attend the class.  I have to apologize to her for not taking a picture of her Buttonwood project. Next time Susan you will have top billing!

You've probably wondered where I've been the last few days.  Well, I received the BEST Mother's Day gift ever!.  We have been helping our youngest son and his family move to our town from their home in the Central Valley area of California. When I told my daughter-in-law they are only 16 minutes away from our house, she said they needed to re-think this move!  Now our three children and all the grand kids live in the same town for the first time in eight years!  I see many more family gatherings, and drop-in visits in my future. 

We also spent last week at the cabin raking and doing some Spring cleaning.  There just hasn't been much quilting going on......which translates into nothing to blog about unless I post a picture of a rake and vacuum cleaner!

I have today free for quilting. YIPPEE! Thursday and Friday I'll be filling in at the shop while Melissa and Leslie attend Quilt Market in Portland.  It is fun for me to work on a day other than my normal Monday workday.  I get to meet new quilters and see some others that I've not seen in awhile.

I'm still working on the new quilt for Fall.  Hopefully I'll have an update for you tomorrow.

Soon,
Lynn


5 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could attend your classes. Everyone's projects are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous news about your son and family now being so close. I predict lots of family gatherings in your future. (Ooh, and maybe one of them will include me?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ypu are indeed blessed Lynn. I have been fortunate to have my grandchildren here in CA. but now two will be moving to Texas on the 24 th. I am sad but will find comfort in my quilting projects. I have fallen behind my quilt alongs to spend time with them. I am very happy for you because life is wonderful with children and quilts, and for me my new found love of chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so much fun with all the girls. Lucky you with your children and families all so close. Have a great quilting day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see what the gals are up to! And they always amaze me with their skill, creativity, and wonderful fabric choices! So glad that all your children are back home and living in the area. You'll have some great times! Looking forward to your Fall project!

    ReplyDelete