Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mountain Travels

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday we put Quilt Sue in the front passenger seat, put her seat belt on, and drove over the Sierras into Nevada. She kept a stiff upper lip and looked away from some of the shear cliffs which were on her side of the car.  The vistas were beautiful.
 

The Quaking Aspens were gorgeous along the way.


 
Our first stop was The Quilt House in Gardnerville, NV.  Janet, the owner welcomed us and then we began to shop.
 


I visited with my Country Charmer quilt which is nicely displayed for Christmas.


The shop is large, well lit, and all of the quilts on display looked so pretty.


I love this old hay sled in the center of the shop.  It's great for bolts of fabric.



We headed over to Minden, NV and had a picnic lunch in a park.  We were close to the American flag to remind Sue where she was.


Our destination was Lake Tahoe. 


The water was incredibly blue.


It was a brisk, windy day and the lake was covered with white caps.  If you didn't know it was a lake, one would have thought it was an ocean with waves breaking on the shore.


If you look closely, you can see that we donned our crowns that Nancy from Nancie Anne Quilts brought with her.  Unfortunately, we had to say our goodbyes to Wayne and Nancy.  They headed on to  Sacramento to spend some time with their daughter.

 
We headed back over the sometimes nail biting Ebbetts Pass and arrived at Lake Alpine Lodge just before dark and had dinner in front of the fireplace.  Life is good.
 

 
Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect trip ! Lake Tahoe & the quilt shop ! I just love that shop & stop by there all the time when in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fabulous road trip! The quilt shop looks so inviting...and yes, the hay sled is a perfect place for fabrics! Nice to see your Country Charmer so at home in that wonderful display. Enjoy the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad that I'm not waking with eyes puffy from laughing til I cried last night!...I miss you all, but I do have my Quilt House loot to console me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand it - I want to be there, too! I couldn't be happier that you're all having such a wonderful time. The Queen may not want to go home!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tahoe is always so beautiful with that blue, blue water. I grew up in Truckee which isn't too far away from there in the top of the Sierras - fun trip! I'm surprised that there wasn't any snow since we've had some here in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day, those mountains make ours look quite tiny!

    Tell Sue "hi" and that it is "persisting it down with a vengeance!"

    ReplyDelete