Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hexie Love

Hello Everyone,
 

I'm showing some more hexie blocks today.  This is more exciting than showing you spread sheets, accounting paperwork or printed patterns.  That's what I've been doing for the last few days.  BORING!
 


 
I have all of these wonderful little strips cuts for more blocks.  You can see the size of the acrylic template.


I group them together and make three blocks at a time.  Don't they look like first place ribbons?  In my book, they are all winners.


You can see that I usually just key off of the center and introduce similar colors.


But not always.  I have to get in some plaids and polka dots.

 
Isn't this one fun with the purple and the red.  I love to put purple and red together!



I think I'm about 1/10th of the way finished since I think it's going to take about 200 of these little babies to make a queen size quilt.  If I stopped now, I'd have a nice table runner.  But I can't stop making them.....I'm totally out of control when it comes to working on this old fashioned quilt.


I've discovered that stripes work best on the third row.


Not in the first row.


I may be a bit quiet for the next few days.  My daughter in law isn't feeling well, and we'll be the taxi service for the grand kids, doctor visits, and anything else she needs like a nice home-cooked meal.  But don't worry, I am going to carve out some time to make more blocks!

Soon,
Lynn

11 comments:

  1. I am SEW loving these blocks!! <3
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these blocks - they are looking great! I'm with you on the paperwork - I did my EOY work the other day and am glad to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I was just reading an older Edyta Sitar book last night "Hop to It" and she was talking about the rule of 5 for picking out fabrics, well, looking at your choices you have followed her rule of 5...there is a small, medium and larger print and a line print and a dot print...she's right they work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I have a ton of homespuns in browns and golds, blues and reds that I should strip up and do this quilt with. Ackkk! I want to start one of these so badly and I've sworn to finish ufo's first....ackkk! Inspiring! Thanks! Cheery wave anyway...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabrics and how you fussy cut the center hexie. As I browse through, I recognize lots of fabrics of yours that I also own. Which naturally make me think "I could make one of these!" Trouble is I have two Farmer's Wife quilts in the making (don't ask) several UFO's and I just started a EPP Lemoyne star project (see Temecula Q. Co) Not to mention the WIP on my wall at the moment so.... you get the picture! Anyway I love your quilt! Maybe I can be happy just watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do make those blocks look fun and easy!
    I hope your DIL feels better soon. She's lucky to have you near!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so enjoying watching you make these blocks ! I hope your daughter in law feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hexie's.....I think the quilt is going to be beautiful.....hope your daughter in law is better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love your "Hexie" project!!!!

    Hope your daughter in law is feeing better soon.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hexie's make me smile, Lynn! I'm slowly getting started on mine! I hope your DIL feels better soon!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete