Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The 4th Tuesday

Hello Everyone,

The 2nd Tuesday of the month is Sew'n Wild Oaks day at In Between Stitches.  Now, the 4th Tuesday of the month is also a time for the gathering of my Wild(er) Women!  Just look at what they've been working on.

If you can, zoom in on Azalia's little rocking horse and check out her tiny, and absolutely perfect outline stitches around all of the pieces.  Amazing!


The polka dots do weird things to the camera, but you can see that Azalia started stitching her rows together for Toyland Tree.   Then she started working on the border in class to make sure she was on track with the directions.  Azalia caught on very quickly to the border directions and she's on a roll!

 
Several of the girls, Kaye, Jan, and my sister Gail are working on For the Love of Baskets. The classroom looked like it was getting prepared for a May Day party with all of their baskets decorating the tables.  Sixty-four baskets to be precise!
 



Gail makes her blocks four at a time using the block layout sheet to keep her organized.


 
 
Vivian is diligently working on her Toyland Tree.  She is very precise also!
 

 
Her blocks are adorable.
 

 
Carol's flowers for her Summer's Blush/Winter's Warmth pattern are coming right along. Carol loves hand work and you can tell.


 
 
Donna brought in a wonderful selection of fabrics and had me help her with a few calculations for a new quilt.  (I think Donna thinks I'm brighter than I am!)
 


Collectively we helped her decide on square and strip sizes to cut.  Then she went to work graphing out the quilt and adding fabrics to her selections from home.

 
Cindy finished her binding on a wonderful quilt for charity.  Quilters are very generous with their time and talent and someone is going to be a very lucky recipient of Cindy's wonderful work.
 

 
 
Some of you have asked about the pattern for Melissa's wedding quilt.  Click HERE for a link to Yellow Patty Lucy.
 


I told you my girls were busy!  I just realized I forgot to take a pictures of Isabelle's applique work!  Next time Isabelle, I'll take and post three pictures of your applique to make up for my oversight.

Accounting day for me today.....BORING...with a capital "B".  I wish I could train Mr. Joe in the fine art of accounting.  We'd either be millionaires on paper or we'd have checks bouncing all around town.....probably the later.  He's much happier and very competent in his woodworking shop, and it is best that he leaves the accounting to me.

Have a great day quilting everyone.  I wish I could join you.

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. All lovely bits of eye candy. Oh, I drooled all over that pile of blue and yellow - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azalia's stitches are incredible and the Wild(er) Women are certainly talented and skilled! In linking to the Yellow Patty Lucy, I enjoyed the descriptive little poem...taupe (it rhymes with hope, cute) and it's a great color! And I have to say, when it comes to accounting, I echo your statements for us only Marty does landscape photography, not woodworking.

    ReplyDelete