Sunday, February 2, 2014

Heartfire Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
The classroom was full of quilty pleasures yesterday. The girls were on fire creating blocks for their Heartfire quilts. 
   

The fabric selections were so varied.  I loved them all!


Even the chairs were decorated like tinsel on a Christmas tree with the 1-1/4" strips.

 
 
The stripe fabric just pulls you right into this block, giving it depth and dimension.
 



One of the girls decided to make the little Grammy squares with her Asian fabrics.  Theses squares use a 1" hexagon acrylic template for the center.


It's fun to see what the strips turn into.


We decided that the little pointy bits on the jelly rolls needed to go.


Angela cut the sides off of the jelly roll, then cut the strip in half.  She ended up using 1" strips around a larger center.  She also added an extra strip around the block.  In the end, her block ended up being 8-1/2", exactly what the pattern called for.  This was totally unplanned! 


Beautiful centers surrounded with luscious fabrics.  I forgot to take a picture of Nancy's stash.  Be still my heart......they had my style written all over them!


Do you recognize Mid Winter Reds and French General?  What a brilliant combination.


.....and there's a beautiful center from a Robyn Pandolph line of fabric.  It's so much fun to mix and match.



Here's a wonderful collection of brights surrounding colorful centers which makes a fabulous combination.



 
Excellent use of a stripe for this block from French General.  It looked so lacy and delicate.   
 
 

 
Click HERE for a tutorial for this block.

I had a fabulous time with my "girls" yesterday.  Most often when I teach a class, I know everyone in the room.  Yesterday, except for my buddy Irene, everyone was new to me.  What an absolutely delightful group of women!  So much fun and so creative.  The room was full of teachers and there was a school principal too.  Everyone goes to the head of this class!  Girls, you made my job an easy one.

Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. HOLA, COMO STAS? TUS TRABAJOS SON HERMOSO, TE FELICITO, QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU CREATIVIDAD.. AHORA TE SIGO, VISITAME TAMBIÉN, SIEMPRE SERAS BIENVENIDA.. ANÍMATE.. BESOS, ABRAZOS Y BENDICIONES.
    ZHOBEYD@....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning.Love them all.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at all of those Gorgeous Heart fire Blocks !!!!!! What a fun class :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all just so pretty and so different looking with color and fabric choices. I have always loved the Bunny Hill - those soft blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like hexies are all the rage right now, and it's so fun to see this version - great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure wish I'd had a carrier pigeon to fly me to your class, Lynn! I've taken another look at your tutorial and I think I may have the answer!!! Will let you know!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! These are awesome projects! Especially love the combination of reds and tans and those wonderful fussy cut centres!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's some lovely quilts on the way. I'm very glad to see you're keeping those pointy bits under control!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing I lived nearby so I could join in on all the fun you gals have! LOVE the shoes poking out from under the halloween house.

    ReplyDelete