Thursday, July 17, 2014

Country Corners Setting

 Hello Everyone,

When I get up in the morning, I look forward to deciding which project I want to work on.  Country Corners got the nod yesterday.  I'm trying to get way ahead of everyone so I can post directions on time, the 2nd Tuesday of each month. This is going to be the block for month #4, which I will post in August.  You can beg, borrow or plead with me, and I will send the cutting directions to you if you really, really want them.

 
 
I have quite a bit of fabric left over each month from my fabric packet.  Which means the people who signed up for the program also have fabric left.  So what to do??  How about cutting the leftovers into 1-1/2" strips and make some courthouse step blocks.
 


It would end up looking something like this....a real scrappy sampler quilt.  I have many more blocks to make, but I wanted to get a peek to see how this works for me.  It works for me just fine! Those of you in the BOM program through In Between Stitches will have to augment fabrics from your stash.  The program only includes the fabrics to make the different blocks, and not the final set.  BUT you will be using every scrap of fabric from your monthly packets.


There will also be some type of border.  I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.  How about a border comprised of quilting components? By the end of this program, you will be able to make accurate components in your sleep....I hope.

Soon,
Lynn

11 comments:

  1. I love that block! Anything that resembles Bears Paw! Did I miss block 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get to the new block this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love all the blocks together. So are we supposed to get on our knees and beg? Or will just a simple please may I have the pattern do? :-) Thanks for posting your blocks each month. K-

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great so far. I'm actually quite partial to settings with courthouse step alternate blocks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I thought I could resist another BOM till you showed this block! It is to die for!!! Do you think that In Between Stitches would take a late starter on this BOM? And I'd need the book too, right? I was holding off on getting the book till I could take a class from you personally, but if I can get in on this, the book will be coming home sooner than expected!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again!! The ADD part of me couldn't wait: I called the store and ordered the book, and they said they had one more spot in the BOM, so I'm in, and she is shipping out my things tomorrow. :-) Can;t wait to get started!! I do love your designs, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I got hooked for this one! :-D Have a great week! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how your courthouse step blocks brings everything together...especially like the use of the black fabrics! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is Woww. The blocks look great set like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the blocks, and the courthouse steps blocks are so perfect. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm oohing and aahing over that setting, Lynn! And who doesn't want to use that leftover fabric! Have a great weekend!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete