Monday, August 25, 2014

Two Finishes

Hello Everyone,
 
I can hear coffee mugs across the globe pounding on the table with quilters saying, "We want Gail, We want Gail!"  Well folks you are stuck with me again.  My sister Gail had to go home since her husband and kitties missed her.  It was wonderful having Gail here with me, working on Emilie Elizabeth together, laughing, eating cookies, and going to (by) a tattoo parlor!  It is an oddity that the word tattoo and parlor are used in the same sentence.
 
So back to quilting we don't go!  I filled in at the shop yesterday and I'll be working at the shop today.  Tomorrow I'm teaching, so my continued work on Emilie Elizabeth is on hold for a couple of days.  But, I do have some beautiful pictures to show you that quilters sent to me.
 
Kathy sent me this picture of her finished Madrigal quilt! Kathy took my Madrigal class at Ladybugs Quilt shop a few short months ago and now she is finished!  It is so beautiful Kathy.  I loved your fabric choice for your flange......very striking.  Your basket of flowers is just perfect also, as is the entire quilt.  Thank you so much for taking my class, and making my pattern.  I love it!  I especially loved the fact that you sent me a picture.  I teach so many classes and see the beginnings of wonderful quilts, but rarely get to see the finished product. Great job!
 

 

 
Last Spring I was contacted by Jane from Lady of the Lake quilt guild in Lakeport, California .  Jane asked if their guild could make my Country Charmer pattern as their opportunity quilt for 2015!  I immediately said yes and look at what the guild created!  A giant Country Charmer beauty!  Jane said they divided up the blocks between eight quilters.  The girls used fabric from their stash and just look at what they made!  I love it! 
 
Tickets are going on sale to win this quilt.  I'm going to try to clear my schedule and head up to Lakeport on October 4th for the Lady of the Lake quilt show.  Click HERE for information about the show.  Their Country Charmer will travel around to quilt shows for the next year, then it will be raffled off next fall in 2015.....which will be here before we know it!  I've always thought about making a BIG Country Charmer......now I know why!
 


Now I've got to get ready for work.  Don't worry, Gail will return as guest blogger the next time we get together.....which will be......

Soon,
Lynn

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...these quilts are beautiful! What a wonderful quilt to sell tickets on...the Country Charmer quilt is stunning! And yes, we will miss Gail, but we know she will be back. You two are quite the pair and we love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lesley! I always appreciate your positive comments!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Lynn and I did have fun together! It's great to have a job that is more fun than work! I am going through "Emilie Elizabeth" withdrawals now as I go back to working on my blue "Winterset" quilt. My husband and my kitties were glad to see me. I arrived home just in time for early morning Napa earthquake wake up call. We are only about 15 miles from the epicenter. We are all okay here with no damage just a lot of frazzled nerves! It sounded like a freight train was coming through the house and the house wouldn't stop moving! Very scary! The quilts above are both beautiful! Since I have made them both, I know how much work goes into each one! Great job, Kathy and the Lakeport Guild! I'm looking forward to another marathon quilt session with my sister in the not too distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....the 2 quilts are beautiful.....it is really nice to see the quilts made in different colors.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful quilts !!! That country charmer is huge ! How awesome is that ! Such a honor to have it raffled off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilts, and since you've reminded me, I'll probably try and get to that quilt show too. I've heard that they have a good guild up there. And tell Gail that I enjoyed her posts where so fun to read: she has a great sense of humor!! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Helen! Glad to hear you enjoyed the posts! I may try and get to the quilt show in Lakeport, too, if I can hitch a ride with Lynn. Maybe we'll see you!

      Delete
  6. Both of those quilts are beautiful. It's always wonderful to see your designs brought to life by someone else.

    Now I'm looking forward to a "true confessions" post from Gail about your trip to the tattoo parlour. I don't believe for a moment that you went past it, not into it, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to disappoint you, Sue, but we really didn't go into the tattoo parlor. Not that we didn't check out who was going into and out of the shop. We did have a "ringside" seat since we were having lunch outside at the restaurant next door. If I put my "true confessions" hat on, though, I wouldn't part with the money not to mention the pain! Think of all the fabric you could buy with the money it costs for a tattoo!

      Delete
  7. I thought about you Gail and wondered if you had gone home. Glad to know you and your hubby and kitties are all okay. Hugs. MizKia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kia! Had another aftershock this morning that sent the kitties and me flying out of bed. It just really rattles the nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love that Country Charmer. What a treat to see other versions of your pattern! Gail was fun to read, I hope she gets alot of cookies! You two are both very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - gorgeous they both are! How wonderful to see your designs made up so wonderfully! So Gail - if you were given the chance to get a free tattoo and save your money for fabric, I wonder what it might be *wink!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a free tattoo would I do! There is still that pain issue!

      Delete