Sunday, July 12, 2015

Christmas in July

 
Hello Everyone,
 
It's not too early to think about Christmas.....without being too Christmasy.   
 
 
 


I made a digital rendering of Buttonwood using the Georgetown fabric line by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics. The line will be available in October.....just in time for Christmas.....but it's not Christmas fabric.  How cute would this quilt be on display during the Holidays!  Oh the stripe fabric!!  I could lay down and roll around in it.  It doesn't get much better than stripes with polka dots.

I've also been playing around with the rest of the colorways in the line.  I envision sewwww many possibilities.



Again, I need more hours in my day!

Soon,
Lynn
 

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, the plot thickens! My copy of Buttonwood has been following me around the house this past week, even though I've been working intensely on finishing projects instead of starting new ones...What Could This Mean?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pps-& isn't it quite interesting that the collection is called Georgetown, where I purchased my copy of Buttonwood!?!?!

      Delete
  2. Mr. Joe needs to step up his game if you find your entertainment rolling around in stripes and polka dots - giggle!! Seriously, this is a gorgeous rendering, Lynn! Now if I could just find room to store more stash....
    Cheers!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not mean to be negative, but if the new fabric line from Marcus Brothers is ANYTHING like Enduring Legacy from Judi R.'s line I will run from it. I have spent the last 2 months working on a quilt only to FINALLY realize that it was not all me that was making mistakes - It was the fabric- it stretches..... I do not think I will purchase any Marcus Brothers for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I only recommend high quality fabric, and I've never been disappointed in any fabrics from Marcus.

      Delete
  4. Like this pattern a lot and I like the idea of doing a quilt in Christmas colors but not necessarily Christmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Christmas fabric....it looks great in that pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Judie fabrics and this one looks like another winner. I'm with you...that stripe is fantastic! I love a good stripe!!

    ReplyDelete