Monday, December 7, 2015

In Between Stitches Gala Event

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday 125 quilters gathered together at The Purple Orchid in Livermore for the annual Christmas luncheon and preview party for In Between Stitches.
 

The In Between Stitches staff and customers signed up to decorate tables for the event.  We arrived early to transform the room into a Winter Wonderland.




 
 The entire room was so festive.

Quilters started arriving early.
 
Many brought an unwrapped toy to donate to Toys for Tots.  The tree was loaded with presents donated by our generous customers.


Here are some of my buddies, Melody, Barbara, Marty, and Laurie.



 
Here are some more of my friends. Susan makes all of us smile all of the time! Mary Lou, Doris and Suzanne.


Friends gather together and go over the extensive class schedule to decide what classes to take next quarter.

 
 The quilts provide a beautiful backdrop to the gorgeous room filled with lovely ladies and friends.


My "Tuesday girls" Suzanne and Karen sat at my table.  While I was busy getting the computer and projector set for the slide show, Karen and company decorated my table for me.  Thanks girls!

 
The quilts were hanging around the room for everyone to admire.  My buddy Lisa has a new design. This is going to be another winner!
 

Here is just a small sampling of the classes being offered.







 
My friend Melody is toasting quilters everywhere!  That's just orange juice right Melody?  Wink, Wink.
 

 
A quilt shop isn't just a store front. A quilt shop isn't always just about quilting. It is a vibrant activity center of a community.  A quilt shop promotes friendships, encourages laughter, and stimulates our brains with classes. A quilt shop is a safe haven for those dealing with personal struggles, by providing compassion, and hugs.  Support you local quilt shop every chance you get and the benefits will be returned to you tenfold.

Speaking of quilt shops, I'm off to work at the shop this morning to see all of my buddies, play with fabric, give out hugs......and maybe do a little work. Gee, I hope the boss lady isn't reading this post!

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. You said it all, Lynn...
    Thank you for the very important part you play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, now let me see, which class shall I sign up for? (I wish!)

    ReplyDelete