Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class was in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
Yesterday my "girls" gathered in the classroom at In Between Stitches to share our love of quilting.
Carol is taking my Checkerberry class tomorrow.  In preparation for the class, she decided to make his tummy.  After seeing the perfection in this 5" block, I think she could teach the class! 
 


Jeanne added to her pile of blocks for Lil' Orphan Scrappy.


Here are the blocks she stitched together yesterday.  I have a bell that I ring in class when someone finishes a block, or something significant.  My arm is sore from ringing the bell for everyone!


Suzanne has all of her blocks completed for Once Upon a Vine.  My guess is the next time you see this quilt, it will all be together, and the bell will be ringing off the hook.

 
Lynette is totally hooked on Lucy Boston blocks.


She is making seasonal table runners.  Fall is almost done, Christmas is almost done.....now she's looking to Easter for her next set of three blocks.


Jan made a beautiful block for Grammy Squares.  She finds the blocks addicting too.


Great way to organize her strips.


Barbara combined some leftover blocks from Country Corners, and machine quilted a table runner during class.  This is a perfect example of what to do with leftover blocks.  Never give up on them.  Turn them into something beautiful to decorate your home.


Kaye is working on her little cuties for, For the Love of Baskets. She has little piles of pieces ready to be sewn together.  She makes HST 8 at a time, enough for two baskets.  This is a great use of all your leftover scraps.  It is fun to make up the basket combinations.

 
What more can I say about my girls that I haven't already said?  They are the most supportive group of women that I feel privileged to call friends.  Time spent with you is golden.
 
Soon,
Lynn



3 comments:

  1. Wow - what a productive day! I bet customers out front must have thought there was a game show going on in back!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful projects - thanks for sharing! Still sending hugs and prayers for your family - hope things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great work and eye candy as always!!!!
    Lovely all the way around ;)

    ReplyDelete