Saturday, March 12, 2016

Butterscotch Baskets Meets Thimbleberrie's

 
Hello Everyone,
 
Just add borders and she's ready to be quilted.  I'm very pleased with my Butterscotch Baskets made in Lynette Jensen's Autumn Landscape fabrics.
 


There is going to be a triple mitered border on this one......so I'm not out of the woods just yet.  I have to request the border fabric from RJR once I decide on the fabrics.  What I thought was going to work, isn't going to work.  All of my precise border planning was futile.

How many times have you bought border fabric and in the end put it back in the cupboard?   I'm guilty several times over.

The 8am baseball game of the day has been cancelled due to wet, soggy fields.  I doubt that the fields will dry up in time for the 11am game.  Looks like it's going to be a day of quilting for me!  I'll miss seeing the kids and cheering them on, but having some extra time is a real gift that I'm going to open slowly and use wisely.

Soon,
Lynn

15 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. What colour is your border going to be I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn. I knew it would be. Well done, and I await your borders! Enjoy your extra sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front is very beautiful! I wonder what fabric you choose for the border ... I would choose one of the already used beige or sand with small print or solid and binding on the dark, which you used in windmills. But it would choose me. You choose certainly better, Lynn! :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn - it really did turn out wonderful - I love the lighter version almost as much as my favorite cheddar version you made! I'm sure you'll have just the right borders! Bummer about the rain - we have it here today, too --- great sewing weather!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Hope you show it with the borders, before quilting and again after quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the quilt when 100% finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so gorgeous. I know what you mean about borders. I often choose them after the centre is done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just beautiful! But I know she is going to be stunningly beautiful when you get the borders on. I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been there done that one too!!! Love the quilt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Lynn....can't wait to see the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wonderful quilt, Miss Lynn!! I'm going to have to go and check my patterns: I think I have it, but need to make sure I doesn't get by me!!:-) And I finish so few quilts that the border fabric usually sits in it's box!! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another Amazing quilt Lynn !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete