Monday, September 5, 2016

Christmas in September

 
Hello Everyone,
 
September.....can you believe it's September already?  Because this year is rapidly coming to a close and closer to Christmas, I'm concentrating on a holiday project for my Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat at the end of the month.  I'm going to call this pattern Homemade Holidays.
 


I'm still working on one of the trees and the last two ornaments on each end.  Today is pattern writing day.  Tonight I'll work on the applique.  After the family left for home yesterday, I worked on the cute little border.  The table runner measures 46" x 16".  A nice size for the Christmas table.  The first person that spills something greasy on this one will immediately be fat-quartered! Unless of course you are one of the grandchildren who can do no wrong in this Grammy's eyes.


I'll try to get this one on the long arm later this week and crosshatch the center section.  Nothing fancy, just old fashioned.

Last week I was contacted by Stitchin' Heaven asking for permission to take Butterscotch Baskets to Quilt Market in Houston to display in their booth.  I didn't have to think twice about that decision!  Hundreds, if not thousands of people will see it.  Hopefully my little pattern stuffers will be kept busy this Fall.

Enjoy the Labor Day Holiday. 

Soon,
Lynn





 

4 comments:

  1. Your table runner is adorable. Quilt Market in Houston!! You must be over the moon with PRIDE. You deserve it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new design...yikes....is Christmas really just around the corner?! Mercy, Lynn....you may need to train an entire new generation of pattern stuffers after Houston! How fantastic!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That runner is just wonderful, so nostalgic, I love it.
    Congrats on Butterscotch Baskets going off to market too,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the Xmas placemats and table runner!
    Congrats on the Houston showing! I would love to go this year but probably will not make it! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete