Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Sew'n Wild Oaks Retreaters

Hello Everyone,
 
Let the quilting begin!  The Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat #1 for 2016 started yesterday afternoon at Snowflake Lodge located in Blue Lake Springs in Arnold, California.
 
 
We went from an empty room at 2pm.....
 


 
To a full room by 3:30pm.
 


Here's the unloading crew.  As cars pulled into the unloading zone, the girls made quick work of transporting machines, supplies, and fabric into the retreat area.

 
 I love seeing the bonds of friendship.



The girls went right to work creating.


 At 6pm, we all headed to dinner at Wilder's Last Resort.


Man can these girls cook!  We had a feast.







We decided that I need to collect everyones recipes and put a digital cookbook together.


 
 
 I set the dessert station up in the master bedroom. 





The evening was so pleasant, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the great outdoors.







Let the quilting begin in earnest today!

As a side note, when Gail and I were walking down our street at noon yesterday, bear-bell-less, we saw a bear down by the lake.  We were far enough away to feel safe and just observe.  Then we made a speedy retreat for home.  It sure gets the old heart pumping!

Soon,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. have a wonderful time everyone. I'm looking forward to Retreat #2 - as long as I ignore that last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4th photo from the end...did Gail lock you inside and you were trying to get someone to let you out...or were you trying to warn the girls on the deck of another bear sighting? I'm sure there's a story there!
    LOVE that last paragraph...an evil grin passed across my face as I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking Lynn Wilder - Photo bomber extraordinaire! Best shot of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - with all that great looking food..who needs quilting! Have fun everyone!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete