Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
"My Girls" gathered at In Between Stitches on Tuesday for our Sew'n Wild Oaks bi-monthly sewing day.  Kathy brought in her finished Country Corners quilt.  Some of the cutting instructions for the 9" blocks are located HERE on my blog.  Kathy selected a wonderful setting arrangements to showcase her blocks. Well done!
 


Suzanne has another Jo Morton project completed and it's ready for quilting.  The border is from Jo's newest fabric line.


Valery is working on her Spoken For blocks.  She is about half done! Every block is made from fabric in Valery's stash. Her only purchase was the background fabric which is perfect for her blocks.


Pat is working on her quilt design by Minick and Simpson.  Love the block!


Barbara is moving right along on her batik quilt.  The next time you see this one it will be all together in one piece.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Melody's house. There is so much detail in this applique quilt!


Barbara G. put the borders on her Kim Diehl table runner.  The pineapple fabric is perfect! I might have to make one in my spare time!

 
Susan is moving right along on her blocks for Walk in the Park.  The color combinations are glorious!


Martha stopped by with her red and white beauty.  She is going to hand quilt this one for an old-fashioned look and feel.


The creativity of "my girls" has no bounds.  They are quilting machines!

Yesterday I actually had time to sit and work at my sewing machine.  Of course I had to dust it off first, but it remembered me.  I've managed to get some huge tasks off of my plate....beginning with the income tax. Everything is together and now in the hands of my accountant.  What a good feeling.

Prairie Flower was delivered to the East Coast before the big snow storm arrived.  Another sigh of relief.  Now I need to work on the pattern writing and fabric requirements.

Little League is in full swing.  We watch our grandsons play four times a week, as they each play two games. One of the little guys also plays flag football every Sunday. The first high school swim meet of the season for our oldest granddaughter is this Friday.  It is going to be chilly!!!!  Another granddaughter has a fast pitch softball tournament next weekend.   Our days and calendars are full of activity from quilting, to yard work, to watching the little kids play sports.  We love it!  I think all of this activity keeps us young.  But I have to admit, I don't feel too young when I try to get these old bones moving up and out of my stadium seat after sitting in the bleachers for a couple of hours in the chilly temps.  I'm looking forward to Spring, to put a spring back in my step.

Soon,
Lynn
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations! I missed you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see each of your faces as I see your wonderful work. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bi-monthly quilt show was fabulous! Each one different and yet ALL beautiful! Glad to hear you're moving pretty good and how fun to have so many sporting activities to attend! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the show and tell--what lovely and talented lady friends you have--and how wonderful of you to go to each grandchilds sports events--
    enjoy each moment-diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loads of wonderful inspiration again! I hope you're working on another wonderful design in your sewing room, too. Sounds like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods and the rains have retreated!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing her gorgeous Country Corners reminds me how much I want to make a Butterscotch Baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've missed seeing everyone, but haven't missed the traffic to get there! Mary VT and I saw your Spoken For hanging on the wall in Turlock at Cloth & Quilts today. Wish we could pop in on you Monday, but we'll both be out of town. We'll see you one of these days. Love to see your posts! Hope your leg is much better!

    ReplyDelete