Monday, June 19, 2017

Country Sunshine

Hello Everyone,
 
How about some Country Sunshine this morning? The quilt with no name finally got a one over the weekend.  There is going to be a lot of yellow in this quilt, so the name seemed appropriate.


I've been quiet on the blog lately since I've either been gone or preparing for the Wilder Clan Father's Day celebration at our house.  We've also been in the small town of Ripon for our granddaughters softball tournament.

Last Thursday I spoke at the Pieced Together Quilters group from Castro Valley. What a nice group of women!  They were so friendly and they laughed heartily in all the right places.  We had a great time visiting their guild.  I'm going back in August to present a two-hour Patchwork Math class to the entire guild.



My friend Lynnette, (one of my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls) was able to join us for the morning.  She was a big help folding, and packing the quilts up.  How do you like my lectern?  Sometimes you have to improvise, and the upside down garbage can with my bin on top work out perfectly.


Gail was also there helping with sales and she's my "Vanna" during the talk.

 
Speaking of Country Sunshine.....we went to our granddaughters fast pitch softball tournament out in the valley on Saturday.  California is experiencing an extreme heat wave, and both the fans and girls roasted during the tournament.  I drank so much water Saturday I was afraid I would float away! It was only 104 degrees when we were there on Saturday.  Yesterday, it was 106 during the game.  It is supposed to be like this for the entire week with the highest temperatures hitting on Thursday.
 
 

This morning I'm off to Turlock at Cloth and Quilts to teach Scrappy Leaves.  It's going to be a good day to stay inside and quilt.

Soon,
Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Love the name and I really love those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning. Yes scorching it is. Love the new Pattern and fabrics Lynn. Have fun in Turlock. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving the looks of your new design! You, Vanna and Lynette make a great team! Yikes - it isn't even officially summer yet...we're in the 90's today and I think you're sending the heat wave our way!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like y'all had fun! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt! Lovely picture of you and Gail! What a duo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of you and Gail too! Two of the sweetest sisters!! You two are so lucky to have each other!! I really admire your devotion to your family!!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete